Good morning! My brain is just a total zoo this week, so I thought I would do a totally random post with all of the stuff that’s been going on.
- Wedding planning is something else. I’m learning very slowly that it’s impossible to please everybody, but like why? I feel like it should be simple. Apparently not. Chris and I vote to just go do it at a winery in northern Michigan with like 10 people 😉 Just kidding. Kind of. No but really, wedding planning is fun. It’s so exciting to get to pick all of these little details that are really the start of something great in our lives. As much as we joke about it being stressful and just running away and eloping, it’s actually quite special when you sit back and think about it. My mom is crazy, but super sweet, and sent me a long text the other day about actually trying to enjoy this time, because it will never come again. And as much as I hate to admit it, I know she’s right.
- I feel like a sloth. With all of the little appointments and plans I have been making in regards to the wedding, I have had way less time than normal to take care of myself. The last week workouts have been cut short or out at all and eating has been horrendous. Now I am all for celebrating and letting loose, but when I start to feel disgusting because of it, that’s when it has to stop. And I think I will be able to handle all this planning so much better if I feel good and give myself the time I need to take care of myself. With that being said, Chris made me eggs with a ton of veggies and sriracha for breakfast and we are going to a yoga class tonight after work, so that’s a start!
- On Tuesday night I did go to a new kickboxing class with a friend, and man oh man. That kicked my butt. I’m not sure if this is common for all kickboxing places, but the room is just so tiny and has absolutely no air flow, so it’s like a sauna in there. And all the bags are so close together that I feel like I can’t even punch or kick as hard as I otherwise would. For those of you who do kickboxing, is that how it always is? Because I have tried it at 3 places now and 2/3 were that way. But the instructor was great and so fun and intense and we left super sweaty and tired….and then went to get a glass of rosé. 🙂
- Last night one of my best friends came over in what I thought was to just hang out with Chris and I and order pizza, but she brought over a whole bunch of stuff for me and is is the sweetest ever. She could probably plan our wedding in a heartbeat and have everything done perfectly, so she brought over a bunch of fun stuff and a bunch of helpful stuff. I love her. She ended up staying over all night and we went through magazines looking for venues, dresses, etc. and watched Ellen. It was perfect.
- Michigan weather has been weird lately and it sure doesn’t feel like spring, and Chris and I kinda just realized that Memorial Day is coming up in only two weeks and we have a getaway planned for the long weekend – that made me so excited! It will be great to escape, just the two of us, for a few days in a really cool place that I love and have been to a bunch with my family, but that will be totally new to him.
- I’m thinking that adults should have summer vacation from work like kids get from school.
- Isn’t it funny how we go in waves with things, like even from week to week? For example, two weeks ago I was all into this healthy eating kick and was doing great with it and feeling really great, and this week the theme seems to be take out and wine. I’m not mad about it and I actually love the variety – especially because I tend to be an “all or nothing” type of person. I go with extremes. I’m not good about “meeting in the middle,” although I want to be better. It’s just interesting to me how quickly our intentions and priorities shift about both big and little things in life. I’ve known forever that nothing is permanent, but I think the older I get the more I understand how true that really is. And like I said, I don’t think it’s a bad thing at all – just interesting. And I’m not saying I’m done with that Bikini Series – in fact I really am trying right now to get back to it really good for next week. I know how much better I feel when I eat really well, but I’m also glad that I’m able to allow myself the flexibility to eat what I want when I want it now, because I wasn’t always able to do that without beating myself up about it.
So those are the main things running around in my head right now. Totally all over the place, but it feels better to get them out in writing for sure!
What’s one random thing going through your head lately?