Hi everyone! This was a whirlwind week….. Between Chris and I both being sick at different times, some work change stuff, more wedding planning, and trying our best to cook all meals at home and not eat out, I feel like it just flew by. And I am more than ready for the weekend!
Among all the busyness, I am grateful that I was able to find some moments of stillness and peace for myself. So most of this week’s happy things are probably quite boring, but boring things tend to make me the happiest when the rest of my life is super busy:
1. Getting a few more of our engagement pictures back
Since we really wanted to get our save-the-dates out ASAP (our wedding is in October!), we asked our photographer if she could rush a few of her favorite photos of us so we didn’t have to wait the typical 6-8 week timeline to get them all back so that we could get the date out to our guests. She got them to us as quickly as she could, and we just loved them! It was hard to pick which one we wanted to use for our save-the-dates, but eventually we did and already got them ordered. It feels so good to get another big item crossed off of the wedding to-do list. Although the picture below is not the one we chose, I still love it a lot. 🙂
2. Literally not leaving the house on Monday or Tuesday
Still not sure if I was sick with allergies like I thought or actually sick with something else (because Chris seemed to get it right after I did), but it was super annoying. The main reason I decided to work from home those two days was because I knew I would drive my co-workers nuts with all the coughing and sneezing. Regardless, it was really nice to get some stuff done around the house while getting my work done and having ample time to prepare meals for the week. Also, it’s like 90 degrees in Michigan this week and super humid, so I was not mad one bit about staying inside in the air conditioning.
3. People watching in our neighborhood during the day
On the same note as number two above, I love, love, love to people watch, and my neighborhood is prime for that. I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned this before, but I pretty much live in a retirement community. Kidding, but not haha. I would say that like 80% of the people who live in our neighborhood are retired. The other 20% is a mix of all kinds of people, but I would say that Chris and I are among maybe five people under the age of 50 that live here for sure. And it’s a pretty big neighborhood. To be honest, that was a huge selling point for me in buying this place a few years ago! I love that it’s not a party neighborhood, it’s quiet, the people are kind, and it’s super clean. Also, people are around all day long, so when I am home during the day, I love to sit in the front room and watch the people walking their dogs, talking to other neighbors, planting flowers, and riding their bikes. It is so fascinating to me to think about other people’s lives.
4. Crossing some technical, boring, adult things off of my to-do list
I have always been a list keeper, and I feel like lately the list is growing way quicker than I can complete tasks on it. With a little extra time this week, I was able to really put some effort into doing a couple of the things that I knew needed to be handled. And I just love the feeling of getting something done, no matter how simple or complicated it may be.
5. A wonderful slowburn yoga class
It seems like I have had a lot of commitments on Thursday nights lately that have been keeping me from going to my favorite slowburn yoga class. I was finally able to go this week and am so grateful for that. The class only had six people in it so there was plenty of room to spread out and relax. The flows in class were simpler than usual, which I really appreciated because it allowed plenty of time to move through the postures. I went into class with a mind full of thoughts and frustrations and worries and left feeling like I was really able to let all of that go, at least for the time being. It was such a great feeling. I’m doing pretty good for the most part with going to yoga regularly on Thursdays and Saturdays, but I really want to try to start adding in at least one additional day a week. It really changes the trajectory of my whole day, in the best way possible.
We don’t have too much going on this weekend, but at the same time I feel like it’s packed with activities. If that makes sense at all? Tonight we are planning on going out to dinner (it feels like we haven’t done that in a really long time!) and hopefully getting a little Father’s Day shopping done, too, while we are out. Tomorrow we’ve got some wedding stuff to take care of in the morning and a fun afternoon/evening planned with friends. And Sunday is of course Father’s Day, which we will both be spending with our dads. Also hoping to get in a few episodes of House of Cards……
Have a wonderful weekend! <3