Well, I had good writing intentions for this week, but it got away from me. Again. So today I’m checking in with a list of things about this week – just because:
- I don’t mean to brag, but I made a really, really good stir fry on Monday night. Chris and I are on a mission to use up as much food as possible in our house before we go on our honeymoon so we can “start fresh” when we get home, so we have been cooking up a storm this week. Monday’s dinner used up some chicken breasts from Costco, a ton of fresh vegetables, brown rice, and just about every kind of Asian-inspired sauce that we own. Even though it stresses Chris out like crazy when I don’t use a recipe and just throw a little of this and a little of that in, I don’t really like to cook any other way. Like who’s got time to measure every little tablespoon out? Not me. So I couldn’t even begin to tell you what sauces I used, but all I know is that they went really well together and it was super tasty.
- We had our final meeting with our wedding venue yesterday! Before the meeting, I was feeling kind of overwhelmed and like we were missing/forgetting a million things, but our planner actually told us that we basically already have everything set and there’s really not anything else to do until the day of. Like, OKAY. That was great to hear. Our wedding coordinator through the facility is so cool. He’s so matter-of-fact and I know he won’t take any crap on our wedding day from anyone. Just the kind of person we need in that role. The bad news is that there are absolutely no leaves changing colors at our venue like we hoped there would be. Thanks a lot Michigan for being dumb and 90 degrees in September.
- This season of American Horror Story is SO. GOOD. I look forward to this show every year at Halloween time, and they are really pushing it with the context of this season, but I love it so much.
- Last night my friend Hannah and I went on a little date to a local wine bar for wine (for me), coffee (for her because she is pregnant), a cheese plate, and a chocolate lava cake. Oh yeah. It was so good. And we finally got a little bit of cool-ish fall weather last night. We sat at their outdoor bar and wore sweaters and it was lovely. And when we were done we walked over to Lush so I could get a face mask and got to pet the cutest ever 6-month old Golden Retriever puppy. Win win.
- I am so excited to be done with wedding prep, but I know as soon as it is over I am going to miss it. I feel like all I have been doing the last two months is confirming things with vendors, changing little details with vendors, and making a ton of different things on my computer – stickers, menus, programs, timelines, budgets, letters, etc. I am not going to know what to do with myself when we get back from our honeymoon and don’t have this huge event to plan for anymore.
- I’ve got a lot of running around to do today and errands to get taken care of, but after that there really isn’t too much more I have on my calendar until our wedding which is SO CRAZY! It has come up so fast, and it seems like each day goes by faster than the one before.
- I cannot wait for yoga tonight with my mom.
Have a great day!