Hi. This has been quite a week. Not for any particular reason other than I’ve been in a terrible mood. And to be completely honest, I don’t really know why that is. I have just been feeling gross, eating terrible, have not been motivated, and have been way more stressed out than I should be about Christmas gifts, work, and random stuff around the house. Long story short, I’ve been having a pity party that I need to snap out of.
So to hopefully help start combating my attitude, here are some things from over the weekend and the past couple of days that have really brought a smile to my face, reminded me how good I have it, and encouraged me to take care of myself so I can get out of this funk as quickly as possible:
- Chris and I have been trying to have weekly date nights and since neither of us are particularly creative, they oftentimes tend to be pretty lame to outsiders, but are awesome to us. So our big, crazy date night on Friday was to go to Costco. I know, we need to slow down. 😉 It wasn’t busy at all which was SUCH a nice change, so we actually had time to browse around and find a couple of new-to-us, fun purchases. I tried these coconut clusters from a free sample and had to have them, we found these mock Carnival cruise ship warm chocolate melting cakes that looked delicious, and we finally caved and bought a case of Spindrift that I have been eyeing for the last month or so. Chris also bought me a huge, men’s extra large robe so I will (hopefully) stop stealing his. I basically wore it all weekend.
- Later that night, Chris really tried to outdo himself by bringing me this cute little dessert plate on the couch while we were watching Lost. Not much better than that….
- We spent the whole day on Saturday away from the house, which is rare for us (and admittedly really stressful for me), but we actually had a great time. The day started out with a hot yoga class for me, and then we went right to Ikea to get some supplies for our bedroom re-model, followed by driving a little further to Ann Arbor to visit some friends, have dinner with my family, and watch Jenna’s dance show.
- Sunday was pretty much my favorite day we have had in a long time. I didn’t have to volunteer with my girls at church like usual, so we decided to skip the service, too, and sleep in/have breakfast in bed. It is so rare that we have a day where we have absolutely nowhere to go, and it was such a treat to not be rushed and just do what we wanted, when we wanted to. Chris made us our favorite Kodiak cakes and topped mine with mixed berries and peanut butter!
- Later in the day on Sunday we eventually made it out of the house to go out for dinner at a hibachi place for Sara’s birthday. The food was delicious, and it was really fun to spend some more time with my family.
- Chris and I both worked from home on Monday, so it was a nice change to see him in the middle of a work day!
- On Monday night for dinner, I made us a new recipe that called for some homemade pesto. I almost thought to just not do that part and buy some from Costco instead, but I’m glad I changed my mind and decided to make it on my own. It was way simpler than I thought it would be – just combine garlic, ginger, green onions, parsley, and olive oil in a food processor and pulse/blend until smooth. Who knew?!
- Later on Monday evening I went to my friend Rosaria’s house for a while to hang out/catch up on life. We have been friends since the very beginning of high school, and I am so grateful for her and how spending time together can always put me in a better mood.
- Chris and I also decided that we probably need to make an Instagram for our big cat. Why? I don’t know. We were bored. You can find her at @bellathebiggreycat. Don’t judge us. 😉 We are going to post the millions of pictures we take of her trying to eat my food almost every single night. We are bad adults and eat most of our meals in the living room in front of the TV, and I’m pretty sure her favorite activity is to climb up on the couch next to me and see how close she can get to my food before I push her away. Anyway, we figured other people might get as much of a kick out of it as we do, so Instagram it was.
- FINALLY feeling like our room re-model is getting somewhere! We basically finished the flooring and painting last week, but the little details are really what take up a lot of time. We were actually able to start moving furniture into the room last night, and it feels amazing to get it set up and to reclaim our basement that has just been a catch-all for random things the last year or so. I am so excited to get it finalized and hopefully have some visitors use it around Christmas-time!
- I have been really intentional lately about reading multiple different books. I love starting my day out in a different world or ending it thinking about these fascinating stories. It’s a much welcome distraction from my own “issues” sometimes. 😉
I hope your week is going well but if you’re struggling like me, today is a new day to start over. 🙂 I’ve already got plans to make this day the best I possibly can and am actually really looking forward to it. <3