I have always loved things and people very strongly. Ever since I was a little kid, if I have loved something or someone, I have loved them with my whole heart. This part does not apply to people, but I also tend go through phases where I can love something so much and then not care one bit about it a week later haha. Seeing as it is Valentine’s Day, I thought it would be appropriate to talk about some of the current things I am loving the most 🙂
- Grey’s Anatomy
- I know I have mentioned this before, but I am just obsessed with this show. I cannot get enough of it. Like HOW did I go 26 years of my life without ever seeing an episode of it?! After some convincing from my sister, I finally decided to give it a shot and I am so darn glad that I did. I have been watching a few episodes of it every day while I do my work, and I basically think I am a surgeon now that I’m nearing the end of season two. It is a great distraction from real life and allows me to totally get out of my head and into the lives of the characters on the show.
- Lemon ginger tea
- Ginger is typically used for an upset stomach, but it is also just so soothing to me to have a cup of this tea first thing in the morning or right before bed. I haven’t really been drinking much coffee lately, and this tea is a great substitute. It doesn’t give me that caffeine kick that coffee would, but the spiciness of the ginger does help to wake me up.
- Our cats
- Even though our three cats can be a handful sometimes, they really are so fun. I would be so lonely at home during the days without them. They provide Chris and I with quite a bit of entertainment at night, especially when we put their laser light toy on.
- I have been just beyond exhausted lately and am cherishing sleep even more than I did before. I have even been taking afternoon naps a lot, which are such a nice treat in the middle of the day! Sometimes when I wake up in the morning the first thing I think about is when I get to go back to bed….
- My weighted blanket
- I mentioned this before, but Chris got me a weighted blanket a few weeks ago that I am just obsessed with. No wonder I have been taking so many naps lately….
- Yoga is feeling so great to me lately. I am certainly in a season of “easier” workouts, so I have been loving a combination of low-impact workouts, walking, and yoga. I always feel so good after a long yoga class – like I am leaving three inches taller than when I went in. I do not stretch nearly as much as I should on my own, but I always get a great stretch in during yoga.
- Costco is just the best. Chris and I go there almost every Saturday after we go to the gym. We always go with a list, but also always leave with some random finds. We are also a big fan of their little food court with their delicious, huge slices of pizza and berry smoothies.
- Ezekiel bread toast
- Ever since discovering this bread, we have never bought anything else. It’s a healthier version of bread, but still tastes great. One of my favorite things to use it for is either toast with peanut butter and banana slices or toast with butter and garlic powder dipped into marinara sauce.
- Oversized sweatshirts
- I have been a big fan of wearing Chris’s huge Moosejaw sweatshirts around the house while I work. It is way too easy to go multiple days in a row without putting on “real” clothes.
- My husband
- And how could I write a post on Valentine’s Day about love without mentioning how much I love my husband? This is our first Valentine’s Day together as a married couple, and I have never felt more love for him than I do right now. I don’t believe into the hype that your wedding is the best day of your life, because I think that if you do it right, every day with the person you love gets better and better. And so far we are finding that out to be true. It means the world to me to have someone that completely understands me, that I laugh uncontrollably with in the kitchen for no reason, and that I know I can always count on. Chris and I have so much fun together, and I am so grateful for that. We have found marriage to be a total blast, and I cannot wait to see where our marriage takes us over the years to come.
What do you have going on today? We are both working all day, and I’ve still got some work to do to finalize the gifts I have planned for Chris. Once he gets home from work we have wild plans tonight to go out to dinner and eat a ridiculous amount of Italian food and then head home to watch a new horror movie on Netflix that we randomly saw a preview for the other day. We are so romantic. 😉
I hope that you have a great day today with your loved ones <3